Monday, October 22, 2007

R&R in Noosa and Surrounds...


There is really nothing spectacular that happened yesterday. The lazy day started out with a rather tasty full English breakfast at an Indian restaurant on the walkway along the river side. [I told you Australia was becoming a multi-cultured country as fast as Canada.]

Next was a morning of extravagant morning of shopping for clothes. I bought a short-sleeved shirt for $5.00 at Vinnies, [the charity arm of the Catholic Church], next two pairs of shorts, again for Doug, [$6.00 each]. This time at a place called 'Life-lines', another charity shop. I feel very proud of cost averaging this trip with such bargains. Andy would be proud of me. It feels good after paying $28.50 for buffet breakfasts in the past few weeks in captive tourist areas.

By the way Moe, one pair of those shorts was a Hugo Boss! Plus the shirt that Lyn said made me look like a 'Bush-Man", [I think she means I look a bit more Australian.] Aussies are very casual dressers and sometimes I think that people are looking at me as a native of New York or something. I must remember not to shave and have my shirt outside my pants, with no belt. I have not yet reached the point of acquiring a hat that looks like it was a relic of a WWII prison camp.

In the afternoon we did some sightseeing and ended up at a beach in the national park. The sand was somewhat scarce and the surf was made more for surfers than paddlers, but Fellette and I did manage to fill our suits with sand a few times.



Our quiet sunbathing ended abruptly when the surging surf caught us unawares and swept over our claimed sand section. No damage to cameras or anything that would not dry out later. Our dignity was the only casualty.





We did see a little wildlife on the way, not too much action from the Koala though.




One more day of R and R before we saddle up and hit the road for the 10 day trip to west of Melbourne.


PS The bird is a Kookaburra.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home